Friday, December 24, 2004

Merry Christmas!

I don't have time to write all the details of the last few weeks at the moment (I'll have some more time after the New Year), but I did want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Cameroon!

I'm currently in Buea in the Anglophone region of the country with some other volunteers. We just finished climbing Mt. Cameroon, the highest peak in all of Central and West Africa at 4095 meters and a 3100 meter vertical climb. It took us three days for a total of 27 hours of climbing. Details to follow.

The highlight of the week had to have been, however, a call that I received from Kristina, who is now back safely in the US. She sounded great and called to let me know that she was getting better and is leaving the hospital for outpatient care after next week! It keeps getting better! A Christmas miracle for all!

All my best for a happy and healthy 2005. -pete

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home