Friday, June 03, 2005

'What should I do with my life?' by Po Bronson

One of my best friends in this world, Frankie, has been through as much wondering about what to do in this world as anyone. When she sends me a book called 'What should I do with my life?' by Po Bronson, regardless of how cheesy the title might seem, I'm going to read it. It also coincided nicely with my own struggles of what direction to take upon my return to "the greatest country on earth" (as volunteers here call the US after about a year of service). The book is a lot more targeted than it claims to be- I would recommend it for those with at least several years out of college, but with a good 15 years or more before retirement. Since I happened to fall in that category, I found it helpful. More so because it asked the right questions than because it provided the right answers. Numerous times I felt compelled to put the book down and write out thoughts as they came to me. It was, in effect, exactly what I needed to force me to make decisions about what I should do, if not with my entire life, at least next.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home