Friday, May 14, 2004

This is a great article for anyone who enjoys my blog shoud read. And, if you're really inspired, I encourage you to call or write or email ?our congressman?2Fwoman and let them know you support an increase in our budget. For example, Peace Corps Cameroon operates on only $3million per year for about 150 volunteers plus all support staff (including two doctors and a nurse).

This is the note the Country Director sent me upon receiving the link himself:

Thanks Pete:

I saw the AP take on this in the daily press clips I get from PC/HQ.
Interesting to see how all candidates are calling on Peace Corps to do
moreand more yet we can't get the money to do what we are attempting to do
right now. From my personal point of view, I would like to see us suspend
all growth world-wide for a year or two so that we could catch up and put
systems in place that could actually handle growth. It's good to have
dreams.

I imagine that we'll see a lot more pro-PC rhetoric as we get closer to
the election. It's all good for Peace Corps - but it does have the
backside problem of unfulfilled expectations. We'll see how it all turns out in
7-9 months.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your support.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home