Sunday, May 25, 2003

Ok, so its been a week or so since my last post... but its also been a week since I've had computer access! In the past week, my condo buyer officially backed out (its back on the market now, and I dismissed my lawyer- he's lucky I'm not going to be around to sue him, but that's a long story) and I moved out on schedule. I rented a small Penske truck and moved some stuff to my bro's pad in Brooklyn, some stuff to the Salvation Army and the rest got packed in and driven down to Hopewell, Virginia in the pouring rain. All of that in two days. Much thanks to my ever-loving brother, Matt (Happy Birthday-today!!) and Albert. I couldn't have done it without you guys.

I've successfully made it down to lovely Myrtle Beach, SC and have had my first chance in weeks to relax for a day. It was my cousin's son's 9th birthday yesterday, and we all went to the water park to hang out in the sun. Jacob and I even got to ride double down the "Black Hole" waterslide on a large tube in the dark. I've been enjoying some quality family time before heading up to Raleigh for a few days with good high school friends. I leave next Monday for Philadelphia for final instructions and lots of shots.

I'm getting more excited every day about my new adventure! Its almost here! I just need to double check my packing list one more time...

In case you're wondering what we're (other Cameroon-bound volunteers) talking about, this is a great forum...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home